Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 25, 2014. Peaceful Pierre

CAMPGROUND:  Second day at Farm Island State Park
LOCATION:  Pierre, South Dakota in central part of state
WEATHER:  Very nice. Highs in 70s

Today was a lazy day.  We enjoyed the campground and nice weather.   We did computer work, and watched a few show on PBS.   We took a bike ride around the park.

This state park is nicer than most.  The bathrooms are super clean.  Fellow (women) campers will understand my happiness with modern sinks, soap, and hooks in the bathroom!!
It is the little things in life!  Plus, I have the bathroom mostly to myself.

We have a site with a lake view.  Earlier in the summer, this place was packed.  School is back in session now, and since it is mid-week, it is almost empty.


DINNER:  George grilled chicken thighs.  I sautéed some onions and added a Mexican chipotle sauce I had bought  on close-out.  I added the chicken and some leftover rice.  Side dish was cabbage.  This is finally the end of the big head.  

1 comment:

  1. Try the packaged shredded cabbage ...not so tasty but more manageable in terms of volume.

    ReplyDelete