Friday, November 27, 2015

November 26, 2015. Happy Thanksgiving!

LOCATION:  House-sitting in Bainbridge Island
WEATHER:  Sunny and cool. Highs in 40s

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  We have so much to be thankful for, especially our friends and family.  We are also thankful for the opportunity to enjoy this vagabond life, all in good health.

We followed our tradition of listening to Lynn Rosetto-Kasper on public radio hosting her annual "Turkey Confidential" show.  People call in with their questions about cooking the big meal.  Some are hilarious, with her advice on dealing with cooking disasters.

I cooked a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  On the menu.....

Turkey breast
Stuffing
Brussels sprouts
Sweet potato
Gravy
Cranberry sauce
Pumpkin pie


The homeowner here suggested that I try his Ninja cooker to cook the turkey.  It turned out great!


First, I used a spicy rub, then browned the turkey on both sides.  Then, in the same machine, I slow-cooked it on a roasting grate it until it was done. I added some broth and white wine to keep it moist.  Perfect!  This machine is great, with an easy clean-up.

George had a pumpkin stout beer with hints of cinnamon as I cooked away.

It made him happy!

Now the challenge will be to fit the leftovers in our small RV refrigerator, as we leave here next week.

The day was capped off watching a marathon of. "Call the Midwife" on PBS.  I tore myself away from my favorite show at 11:00 PM, although it contined into the wee hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment