Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23, 2016. Making the most out of miserable weather

LOCATION:  House-sitting near Ballarat,Victoria, Australia
WEATHER:  All-day rain.  Highs in 40s.  Very windy

The rain beat against the windows in a strong wind all day long.  The sky was inhospitable.


So, we did nice things inside....watched a few old movies, read, and stoked the fire.  The highlight of the day was Skyping with our daughters.  One lives in Minnesota, one in Michigan.  We haven't seen them since December, and we miss them.  Skype is a wonderful invention, although I seem to spend quite a bit of time asking, "can you hear me now?"  And fiddling with the camera.

After a hard day of napping and reading, we watched the musical "Hairspray".  So fun.  I couldn't help, though, thinking of Baltimore's current unrest.

DINNER:  Leftover pasta with seafood, to which I added garbanzo beans and peas.    Somehow leftovers seem to grow when I cook them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment