Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June 7, 2016. Rainy day in front of cozy fireplace


LOCATION:  House-sitting near Ballarat, Queensland, Australia
WEATHER:  Rainy, dreary day. Highs in 50s

It was a cold, rainy day.  Great day for a book!  I happily found a Bill Bryson book in the homeowners' library.  This one is about England.  Since we will be going there in a few weeks, I thought it would be a good preparation.  On the back cover, it says it shouldn't be read in public places "for fear of emitting loud snorts".  This is certainly the case with me....I snorted and cried with laughter all afternoon.

George built a fire in the fireplace and I huddled in front of it with my book.


When the rain abated, I took a lithe walk outside.  


The right side of the house where we are staying  is the former bakery.  The left side was the blacksmith shop.  There are plaques in front of the house from the historic society explaining its history.



Inside the house are interesting historical pieces, like this old time card holder for  laborers.

We made some popcorn and enjoyed the warmth out of the elements.

DINNER:  Canned tuna with sautéed veg, and beans.  


No comments:

Post a Comment