Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 26. sept 1 ...on Gaspe coast

Started the day by eating freshly-picked raspberries  (a la George) and yogurt.  Miserable weather...cold and misty.  Took a hike in Appalachian Trail foothills.  Had lunch In a seaside restaurant.  I had fisherman's stew, and George had cod cheeks and tongue.  A specialty here. 

I have stopped rating campsites in Quebec, as they are all good.  Nice dish-washing areas, wonderful bathrooms, well-kept sites.  George likes this  one  as there is   a brewpub adjacent.  I took a shower in the ladies' restroom. Cost 50 cents for 5minutes.  I came out of my stall (clothed) and much to my surprise, ran into a man!  He was taking a shower with a woman.  I ran back to the site to tell George.  He said the reverse was true for him... A woman was in the men's shower, showering with a guy.  Maybe the French are just trying to save 50 cents?

This town is famous for lobster and we watched scuba divers bring them in.  Here is a picture of perhaps the original Red Lobster?  That is the translation for Homard Rouge.



2 comments:

  1. Ha!! - Say thanks to George for me as the boys and i lost an entire "carton of eggs" at the golf course yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are having too much fun:)! --Julie

    ReplyDelete