Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 13, 2015. Mayo Clinic day

LOCATION:  Rochester, Minnesota
WEATHER:  Nice, but hot and humid. Highs in 80s

I was busy with 4 Mayo Climic appointments in the morning.  Again, all went very efficiently.  I took one of the shuttles between the motel and clinic.  It is interesting to be a patient, not an employee.

The Mayo Clinic campus is huge.  They say it is bigger than the Mall of America. This is St. Mary's Hospital, one of Mayo's 2 hospitals in Rochester, where Alexis works.


This is Ozmun East, where I used to work

This is the Gonda Building where most of my appointments are...

Later in the day I met a work colleague downtown in one of Rochester's new, swanky restaurants.  


Then, I joined George and friends at Whistle Binkies, a British pub located near the neighborhood where we used to live.  Some of our former neighbors and friends were there for a fun evening.

DINNER:  We shared some jambalaya, which was good.  It was "mystery beer night" at the pub, where you draw for beers for $2.50.  Sometimes you luck out; other times you get something you don't like.  Tonight, I won one, and lost  one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment