Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 28, 2015. Exploring SW Oregon coast

CAMPGROUND: Another night at Sunset Bay State Park
LOCATION:  SW Oregon, near Coos Bay
WEATHER:  Beautiful. Highs around 70

I made my morning stroll through the campground, gathering leftover firewood left at vacant campsites.  We don't have sewage hook-up here, so I am really trying to conserve water drainage.  I wash dishes in a bin and dump the dishwasher in a designated area.  We will try to go 8 days without draining.  Since we have electricity hook- up, we don't have to be concerned about the battery.

One bad thing about this campground is that there are a lot of crows.  They seem to like to poop on our truck.  It drives George crazy.  He is constantly washing  the windshield.  

We took a road trip, first stopping in a nature preserve.  Then we arrived in the cute fishing village of Bandon.  We drove through Bandon Dunes Golf Resort which is in my book "1000 Places to Go Before You Die".  It is a Scottish links-type course with dramatic views of the ocean.

We stopped along the road for a picnic.  I had made a pasta salad with leftover grilled tuna, pasta and fresh dill.

Then we stopped at the 7 Devils Brewpub  in Coos Bay for an IPA and stout. On our way home, we snapped this photo next to the oyster farm in nearby Charleston.  Lots of oysters!


George made a campfire for dinner.  We had vegetable and beef shish-ka-bobs and lettuce salad. I toasted some French bread to make salad croutons. 


We have electricity here, but no TV reception.  While in MN, my brother gave me some Rudy Maxa travel show DVDs, so we watched one about Argentina.  It whet our appetite to return there and to Uruguay.  


1 comment: