Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 7, 2015. Relaxing day in Rochester


LOCATION:  Rochester, Minnesota 
WEATHER:  Very pleasant. Highs in 70s

We are making a little progress with our charge, Nina the cat.  She is beginning to warm up to us, especially me, as I am the food provider.

I walked about 30 minutes to downtown Rochester to meet my former staff and my replacement for lunch.  It was a very nice walk, as the older houses have such pretty front yards and flower pots. It was great to see my old friends.  

After lunch, George and I puttered in the homeowners' garden where we are  house-sitting.  Since it recently rained, there is no need for watering.  We pulled a few weeds and enjoyed being outside.  Their raised vegetable gardens are fabulous!  We let Nina out to ponder the baby rabbits and squirrels.  


After this bit of gardening, George quickly hit the hammock for a rest!

We went to Alexis's boyfriend Graham's parents' home for dinner.  Graham's father makes the best pizza in town!  He likes to create new combinations.  For vegan Alexis, he made one with green onions and kale, and another one with beets.  Meat eaters enjoyed a great pepperoni one.  Very nice evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment