Saturday, October 3, 2015

October 2, 2015. Cat bonding in Portland house-sit

LOCATION:  House-sitting in Portland, Oregon
WEATHER:  Cooler and overcast. High about 70

We decided to stay here for the day.  George ran the koi pond motor all day, which is one of his periodic tasks.  The water sounds so nice gurgling and flowing through rock waterfalls.

I read quite a bit of the day.  Every time I sat down, Lola the cat would plop down on me.  Then, I couldn't move.  She is a bit hefty.  We are definitely bonding!


Every time we let her outside, I get nervous that she won't return.  So, I reward her return by giving her a brushing as soon as she comes in the door.  I think I have created a monster.  Now she runs outside, turns quickly around, and jumps on her grooming perch.  She's pretty smart!



DINNER:  Hamburgers on the grill.  We just love being able to grill again.  Side was garlic French bread and salad with a dollop of  tabbouleh. 
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment