Sunday, October 25, 2015

October 24, 2015. Portland's East aside

LOCATION:  House-sitting in Portland, Oregon
WEATHER:  Overcast.  Highs around 60

We went to the Beaverton  Farmers' Marlet for breakfast and shopping. 

Today was our day to explore the eastern side of the river.  First, we had lunch at the Laurelhurst Market.  Laurelhurst is one of many charming areas around town, with craftsman-type houses and areas with small shops and restaurants.  This place had been recommended to us.  By day, it is a butcher shop and sandwich place.  At night, it converts to a popular, expensive restaurant focusing on meats.  We had the charcuterie platter.  Wow!


Then we went to the Horse Brass Pub, one of Portland's oldest.  It was like being in a very authentic British pub.

Back home,we did yard work.  I picked herbs and tomatoes.  With the parsley, I made some taboulleh to have on hand....

DINNER:  I made a rolled porkloin from a recipe my brother sent me.  The filling was a good way to use the parsley, rosemary, sage and thyme I picked this afternoon.  The side was Brussels sprouts, also using a recipe from my brother.  Very gourmet! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope it all turned out! Pork loin is difficult to cook - goes dry so easily. .

    ReplyDelete