Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 16, 2016. Business day in Tasmania


LOCATION:  Housesitting in Latrobe, Tasmania, Australia
WEATHER:  Very nice. Highs in 70s

Today was a "to-do" day.  On our morning walk, we stopped at the visitor center to get some advice on planning our 2-week trip around Tasmania, starting next week when the homeowners return.  We left the office, laden with brochures and maps.  Now for the planning...


On the walk home, we saw this sign.  I think everyone can understand this Aussie English...


Back home, I spent several hours planning our trip around the mainland.  George really wants to take the Indian Pacific train across the Outback.  It is quite popular, so we settled on an itinerary and I called to reserve a cabin.  Good thing I did as there were only 2 cabins left.  We will travel from Adelaide (see map..(.the dot on the southeast side where the route looks like a V) to  Perth on the west coast.

It will take 3 days.  

To get a perspective of the size, it would be about the equivalent of going from New Orleans to Los Angeles....


I did some gardening and George worked on our taxes in the afternoon.  I made a few more batches of tomato sauce.  

DINNER:  I made a Jamie Oliver dish that I watched on TV this week.  Chicken cacciatore.  

1 comment:

  1. How was the Jamie recipe? Looks like a great itinerary. Then do you fly back from Perth?

    ReplyDelete