Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 127. December 11, 2013. Liquid Sunshine


At a state park in the Keys called Curry Hammock.  In all the state parks in the Keys, they are trying to preserve nature so everything is all "woodsy".  Consequently there are a lot of bugs, especially one kind called "no-see-ums".  They are almost invisible.  They love me; not so interested in George.  I  think I have about 10 bites per square inch all over my body.  They itch like the dickens.  It rained during the night so they were particularly bad this AM.  I escaped by sitting in the camper with a good book and my friend, the air conditioner.  George went fishing.  There was a huge downpour around noon.  They call that "liquid sunshine" in Florida.  We were able to pack up between the rains.  We arrived at our next state park in the Keys called Long Key.  All the sites are on the water.  Unfortunately, there are mud puddles all over due to the rain, so it doesn't look so nice.  

This is the view from our camper 

For dinner, I needed to use up some celery, so bought some blue cheese for stuffing.  We had shrimp cocktail and then shrimp 'n grits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment