Thursday, March 5, 2015

March 4, 2015. Fun with friends in Phoenix

CAMPGROUND:  Another night at Saddle Mountain RV Park
LOCATION: Tonopah, Arizona. About 50 miles west of Phoenix
WEATHER:  Sunny. Highs in low 70s

We drove into town and had lunch with my former staff at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix.  It was great to see them. I caught up with changes at work.  Everyone asks if I miss work.  I don't miss the stress, long hours, and difficult decision-making, but I do miss the people so much.  I also miss the travel to staff in Arizona and Florida, from Minnesota base, too. 

Then, we visited a former colleague from Mayo Clinic who retired to Phoenix.  They live in a lovely home on a golf course.  

We did some shopping in a nice grocery store, stocking up for the next leg of our trip.

DINNER:  Soba noodles.  I tried out  a new recipe......The sauce was minced green onion, mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, cilantro and spices sautéed in sesame oil and soy sauce.  I poured the sauce over boiled soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) and edamame (soy bean kernels).  

Early to bed....I still haven't recovered from the tourista bug....:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment