Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 161. January 14, 2014. Tobasco!


We visited the Tabasco factory that is nearby.  They bottle 700,000 bottles per day!  The labels are in 22 languages.  Their country store was fun....we tasted lots of flavors  not found in regular stores.  They even had Tabasco pop and chipotle ice cream.  


 
We had lunch in the town, New Iberia.  We ate a shrimp po'boy with their special Tabasco salt.  Then we visited some gardens with a beautiful historic house.  Dinner back at the campsite...chicken potato soup made with leftover grilled chicken thighs.  Nice cool evening for soup.



1 comment:

  1. "Tabasco pop"

    I worked in New Orleans for awhile - one day I walked out to a group of my coworkers and said I was going for a can of pop - and asked if anyone wanted anything. They had no idea what I was talking about :)

    ReplyDelete