Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 14, 2015. Cleaning day

LOCATION:  Organic farm near Ukiah, California in NW part of state
WEATHER:  Cloudy and cool. Highs in 60s

It is amazing how quickly the weather can change here.  A few days ago it was sweltering; today we are wearing jackets.  Unfortunately, the cloudy skies are not bolstering our solar panel supply.  We are contacting the homeowner to see what we should do.  Meanwhile, we have everything turned off except the refrigerator.  

Tomorrow we will go to Santa Rosa to pick up the homeowners.  So, today is our day to spiff up everything for their return.  George even washed their windows.....


I mostly hauled items from the house to the trailer, and organized the refrigerator.  

After window-washing, George asked me to help him carry the ladder to return it to the water tanks way up the hill.  Just as we got there, I happened to look down where George, ahead of me, was stepping.  A rattlesnake!  I yelled and he jumped out of the way.  Near miss!

DINNER:  Italian vegetable bake.  Trying to use up the last of the veg that didn't sell at the market, I sautéed zucchini, garlic, leek, squash, and garlic.  I spread some spaghetti sauce on top that I had made previously.  Topped with cooked pasta and cheese, and baked.  Very good!  Another romantic dinner by flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment