Friday, September 25, 2015

September 24, 2015. Happy birthday to me!

LOCATION:  Housesit in Portland, Oregon 
WEATHER:  Beautiful again. Perfect fall day. Highs in low 70s

I picked tomatoes and blanched/froze them.  There are a lot still on the vine.  Then I picked herbs to dry.  I hope the homeowners will like this when they return.

We went out for lunch for my birthday.  We went to another McMenamins Pub.  For my "passport", we got an extra stamp since it is my birthday.  We sat outside and had a bacon and scallop pizza.  Really unusual and tasty.

The pub had been an old farm.  The restaurant is the former home.  The grounds are pretty...we sat next to a vegetable and herb  garden.  They have a very small, working distillery there, in what used to be the granary.  We went on a tour, rewarded  by another stamp in the passport.


The still came  from France.


 Interesting old tanks 

We were the only ones on the tour...

We relaxed in the afternoon and played with the cat. In the evening, we sat around a nice fire in the firepit.

DINNER:  Grilled steak, baked potatoes , and sautéed vegetables...squash, onions, eggplant and mushrooms.  We opened the special bottle of wine we had bought last month in Napa....splurge time!

No comments:

Post a Comment