Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 181. February 3, 2014. Good-bye, Austin

We spent our last night with our friend Heather in Austin.  It has been so much fun.  We were able to park our Airstream in her landlord's yard while visiting.  After breakfast, we loaded it back up and headed south.  

We plan to go to South Padre Island, but we don't want to drive too much in any one day.  We don't have any schedule now, so can take it easy. We drove on back roads through miles of nothing....a few cows and oil fields.  We stopped at Lake Corpus Christi State Park, about 30 miles from Corpus Christi.  Not very nice weather.....around 40 and drizzling.  

We stopped at a grocery store on our way  Looking for bread, I realized that the tortilla section was at least twice as big as the bread selection!  Bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner.

The campground is quite nice, with lakes and wildlife.  We took a walk, then George fished.  They had just stocked the lake with 1500 trout, so he thought his chances were pretty good, but no luck.

Dinner was a failure.  It started out fine..... I sautéed cabbage and onions and added some baked potato.  I served that with the warmed- up rotisserie chicken.  Then I slathered it all with what I thought was leftover Franklin BBQ sauce.  Turns out that it was the leftover Death Wish ghost pepper hot sauce that George had ordered a few days ago at a restaurant,  when he had to sign a waiver due to its heat.  I took one bite and about died (and I like hot sauce).  George ate the whole thing, though.  I threw out the rest of the sauce.  (He did have issues later.......)

1 comment:

  1. Your first food failure in 181 days! A pretty good record I would say. Please, no more info on George's "issues later" . . . .

    ReplyDelete