Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 66. October 11. Seagull Poop Attack!




Still at Holden Beach, NC.  We walked on the beach and fished some.  George and I went on an outing.  First we went to a village with lots of shrimp boats.  Then on to Wilmington, NC. Beautiful old restored houses.  Had lunch in a downtown brewery and bought a growler for the folks at the beach house.

We came back via a car ferry.  The ferry connects many of the islands.  As we were docking, a seagull pooped all over me....on the front of my shirt (see photo), on my jacket, iPad, and face.  Yuck!!  One of the ferry guys said being pooped on is supposed to bring you good luck.  

We bought boiled peanuts to munch on and blood worms for fishing. Not sure what they are, but supposedly they are good bait.  

Another couple arrived, so now we are 8.  We boiled up shrimp for dinner.  Yum!  Also cornbread, which I think is a Southern tradition with shrimp.  

No comments:

Post a Comment