Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Days 54 and 55. Conference in Washington DC

It was so great seeing friends from Mayo and HHRAM at the ASHHRA conference.  George and I commuted in from the campsite.  We went out to eat with some vendors, so some of the return trips were late at night.  I had originally been a bit afraid, but all was good.  On Sunday, we left the camper in the campsite and the car in the park-and-ride, as we spent that night in the conference hotel.  Again, I had been a bit worried, but everything turned out well.  Two of my Mayo colleagues and I presented at one of the sessions.  We think it went well.  During free time, George and I walked to Georgetown.  I forgot to change into my walking shoes.  After about an hour, George went up to a total stranger and said   "My wife's feet hurt and I need a beer.....any place nearby for a craft beer?".  We found a nice spot, relaxed, and took the metro back to the hotel.  

Folks seem to know that we like hot sauce.  An ASHHRA colleague gave me a set of Texas Pete sauce that is hard to find.  We are also enjoying other sauces my Mayo staff gave me.  See photo.

Now    that the conference is over, we don't have a fixed schedule.  We can drive less, spending less on gas.  We will wait and see if the government shuts down, as that will change our plans to stay in national parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment